Welcome to the Online Archive Catalogue for The Dartington Hall Trust


This archive reflects the great diversity of the concerns and interests of The Dartington Hall Trust, from its beginnings in 1925 under the personal control of its founders, Leonard and Dorothy Elmhirst, and subsequently as a charitable enterprise. A small number of documents and images date from earlier years when the estate was owned by the Champernowne family.


The physical Archive papers are now located at the Devon Heritage Centre, Great Moor House, Bittern Road, Sowton, Exeter EX2 7NL devrec@devon.gov.uk


All research takes place at the Centre and any enquiries and visits should be made there.

Requests for permission to publish any document or image or to quote from any material in a publication should be made to the Archives Administrator of The Dartington Hall Trust yvonne.widger@dartington.org (Please note that this post is one day per week.)

What's New

Powered by CalmView© 2008-2016